Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare set of heads I plan on rebuilding. I want to kinda do a little inexpensive performance with it. Ive heard of a few tricks you can do with the heads. Like different valve springs? I dunno which ones. Port and polish maybe? What head gaskets could I get felpro or victor? What other things performance wise could I do that will not kill my wallet?

Ive got a antifreeze and oil leak on the passenger side, cant figure out where from. Im thinking its the damn head gasket! How can I verify if its that or something else like a freeze out plug? The antifreeze is covering the cross member, all over the transmission, not really anywhere on the drivers side. Mainly the center and passenger side. Also have a huge oil leak covering my starter. The back of the head looks wet, cant tell if its from the recent rain we have had or what. I dont see any leaks from the radiator, I dont see any leaking antifreeze anywhere in front of the front axle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
inexpensive performance

those two words dont go together. Polish, god prp bronze guides if it needs guides, and comp 910 springs. and of course a good multi angle valve job . should be about 4-600 bucks for that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well...If you want to break this down, yes, you can do things to improve your performance. No way to tell what the improvements will be since you have not listed anything for upgrades. With the gaskets, if you are already having a problem with them blowing out, I THINK you should listen to what you are asking (which boils down to) should I skimp on them.

In order to find your leak, pressure test your cooling system and go from there.

SWS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts