Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats everyones opinion about this, My truck (in sig). I was thinking of getting a new truck but not loving the payment every month, i thought about rebuilding mine little by little when the cash is there. Im talking good body work and paint and drivetrain and motor. make it new again:evil With a new truck i gotta pay a bill every month on top of everything else but if i keep mine i OWN it and is payed for so if it sits awhile it wont cost anything. So just wanting to know what you guys think and opinions :shrug:

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Paid off is always better. Unlike a payment, you don't HAVE to put money on/in it.

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
you talking about the same thing im doing. a little paint here, a little wrench there. it sure is easier than 5-600 a month.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the only thing thats killing me is rebuilding the motor, that gets kinda pricy. lol but its that or a new truck.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i found a rebuild kit a while back for i think it was around 1400 bucks, i looked up a jasper replacement and they were about 6500 iirc. im thinking of instead of modding mine this year just rebuilding it for insurance and then modding it next year.

·
<---mud
297 Posts
Paid off is always better. Unlike a payment, you don't HAVE to put money on/in it.
Thats right. Think about the extra cost of full coverage and interest on the loan and it ends up costing a lot more than you think. and your stuck paying it all.

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
That's exactly what i'm doing with my truck. Anoter plus is you will eventually know where your truck is at, as far as you know what shape your motor tranny,diff's and other major components are in. Once you've worked on them enough you can about fix everything with your eyes closed too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
exactly and new unworn parts are more reliable then ones with 300k+ not including as stated above that you dont know what shape everything is in til your in it. like i said its added insurance in my book.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found a rebuild kit a while back for i think it was around 1400 bucks, i looked up a jasper replacement and they were about 6500 iirc. im thinking of instead of modding mine this year just rebuilding it for insurance and then modding it next year.
Where did you find the rebuild kit??

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
to be honest for the life of me i cant remember, i think it was bronco graveyard but i wont swear to it. i thought hypermax also had a kit but now all they got listed is just seals. im sure someone will tell you here soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts