Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have a 2000 F250 CCLB with 263K on the clock. Trying to decide on rebuilding it, boring it 30 over and doing something to the heads or turbo/exhaust/injectors and hope the bitch holds up.

want to be able to tow a jeep and k5 blazer, about 18k comfortably. And I'm not an idiot if its too much weight for the truck let me know.

Don't usually tow that much but would like to without having to get a F550 or anything.

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
well, you've got the right rig to start with...it should have forged rods.

depends on the rest of the truck....what kinda shape is the rest of the rig in ? body straight? interior good? rearends - drive train been serviced properly and often ? .... if you do decide to build it, you are gonna NEED a BTS trans and converter (or the equivalent) because you're gonna be making enough power to FRY a standard non built-up trans easily.

if you decide to do it, have the block decked, line-honed and bored ... have the crank, rods, and pistons balanced ....these things will help provide longevity to your investment, and have the rods magnafluxed, shotpeened, and polished, and the big ends resized.....this little extra bit of prep and machine work doesn't really cost all that much compared to what you get for it.... and when the engine goes back together, put a Fluidampr on it

this, with 180 stage 1's, a gt38r, a good chip with good tunes, and a regulated return fuel system will get upwards of 400 hp and around 800 ft lbs torque and will be fun to tow with.

thats what I would do.....

and plan to spend about 50% MORE than you think you will because thats what it will take.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts