Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just picked up a 08 f350 KR. Pretty much loaded except the rear view camera. I have grown accustom to it and was wondering two things.. First can i just replace the tailgate handle to a camera one.Meaning is there somewhere i could plug it into if i do, and if so will it come up on my nav.Second does anybody know where i could get one of these besides the dealer.?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Second does anybody know where i could get one of these besides the dealer.?
Go to wrecking yard where your old truck is and get the one out of that? Or find the yard where my old one is and swipe the camera from that one. I think it went to the Syracuse area. The tailgate was the only panel on the truck that didn't get damaged LOL

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
no joke i bought a cam kit at Rural King for 75 bucks.... wireless and everything. put it on my combine( like to back my combine into things like graintrucks DOAH.

if you want to go that route i can pick you up one if you dont have a rural king close let me kno.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Man to be honest with you my rear view cam sucks. It is better than nothing though for now. The little screen is to small for hitting a hitch perfect. My old truck had a double din Kenwood with a huge display and a $90 store bought backup camera mounted to the hitch. That was the way to go. All though when i do my Kenwood someday I will be using my existing camera for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts