Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I have a 2001 f350 CCLB DRW, that’s a welding rig and pulls some trailers around. I already leveled the front and when I put my welder and bottles in the bed, it sagged a bit. I’m looking into getting either airbags with an on board compressor or putting timbrens (https://www.suspensionconnection.com/frtt350e-f350-load-support.html) on the rear. My problem is, I know eventually bags will need replaced, compared to timbrens that are just heavy duty bump stops. I’m looking to eliminate the sagging in the rear to make the truck leveled even when my welder is in the bed. So, has anyone ran timbrens on their trucks? Or have advice on which route to go? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Trucks are designed to sag with weight - that’s why the fronts are always lower than the rears. My fronts are 3” from tire to fender while the rear ones are 5”. 1500-2000 lbs and it levels itself out.

Your only option would be some nice heavy duty bags in the rear. Hooked up to an auto air filler deal.

This is a kit I have saved for when I wanna go bags

Check them out.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I know eventually bags will need replaced
In a longer amount of time than you think... especially if taken care of..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kinda looking more towards bags anyways, I like being able to control the rear end more than just bump stops. I am running pretty wide tires on the stock rims so I don’t have the required 8” ( have about 7”) from tire to frame that the kit dc linked says it needs. I’ve had my eye on the firestone ride rite kit for awhile now, along with the on board compressor but I don’t like the price tag much lol, thanks for the input guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts