Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I have a 02 7.3 4x4 Limited EXC that I bought used from a dealer, no contact with previous owner. Claimed to have a 4" lift. Previously I had another 02 with stock springs. Don't recall exactly what the springs looked like. I am looking at the rear springs on this rig & they look way more than stock I think. I am attaching pics. Can anyone confirm these are not stock??

Thanx in Advance

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4576.JPG

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Excursions came from the factory with a bottom anti-wrap spring, which only went to the front of the axle in the leaf packs. You don't have one of those. What you have on the bottom is an overload spring, which means that came from a truck spring. It looks like, IIRC, that you have a modded B code. This was taking a B code spring, or F-250 spring, and placing the spacers and bottom two springs of the Excursion spring within the B spring pack. This provided a little bit of lift while giving a substantially better ride. In fact, I just found a post about it, and yes, that is what I believe you have going on here. HERE is that thread.

Did this give you 4" of lift? Probably not. I got about 2 inches out of mine with the B swap...which is why I wound up with the C swap and changing the block from 2" to 4". The amount of lift varies depending on how worn out the originals were. Also, I would take a closer look at the curvature of those. I don't know if it's a trick being played on the eyes or maybe the angle is weird, but it looks like the center of the spring is starting to arch in reverse. In other words, the lowest part of the spring should be where it bolts to the axle, but it looks like that part is starting to move higher than the immediately surrounding areas....or it looks like it's starting to sag.

Reactions: Jax
1 - 2 of 2 Posts