Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blacked out Ford 6.0
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8'' Rize lift on my 05. Im wanting to go 12''. I have a front block for the coil spring.. its like a leaveling spacer only taller. I have heard about the shackle flip on the rear. Is that what i need to do? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Are you currently running any kind of block in the rear? If not, ease of install would side with running a block. If you dont mind a little work, the shackle flip is a great way to go. The difference in ride quality is very minute, so dont go that route in hopes of a better ride...

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Difference between a normal setup and the shackle flip isnt much at all. It does help, but not a very noticeable amount.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
A flip will also move the axle forward aprox 1"

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The shackle flip will also decrease the load capacity right?

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
Looks like the flip will also force you to reroute the exhaust if it's in the normal exit position behind the rear wheel.

·
Blacked out Ford 6.0
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all good information.. my exhaust dumps right under the cab anyway. lol so i dont have that issue to go around.. but i think im gonna do it soon.. ill post before and afters. thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Be sure not to forget to address the steering setup if you are moving up to a 12" lift.

Another option in the rear was the Fabtech 3" hanger and shackle setup (as long as they still make it).

·
Blacked out Ford 6.0
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh good call.. Im stoked tho.. The DC truck looks wicked.. i see that alot on trucktoyz and all.. but thanks again Brotha.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
wouldn't it put your axle at a pretty big pitch up?Seems like it would

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Pinion angle I mean

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a two inch tapered block. Need to get 2-3the more inches in the back, was thinking of shackle flip and reversing the tapered block. Doesnt seem like it would be a horrible pinion angle.

Ive heard people say they lose load capacity, i dont understand why?

·
Registered
241 Posts
You won't be disappointed if you go with the Skyjacker soft ride springs for the rear. You will need to seperately order them.

P/N is FR88S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts