Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
04 oilburner
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 04 crew cab yesterday and my little girl says from the back seat " I'm cold". My wife sitting up front had just turned of the heater be cause she was hot. So I got to thinking if there was a way to get heat to my rear seat. Excursions have it, so there has to be a way to modify that to work in a pickup. I havent ever been in a Excursion so please enlighten me to how it works. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
buy an 2011
the console is awesome and has vents

the 08's have a floor vent

ford dropped the ball on HVAC IMHO my o3 tahoe has roof diffusers galore (like an airplane)

as far as us ?? I have the same complaints when it 120 outside

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
The Ex's have a rear heater core and A/C evaporator just like in the dash so that wouldnt be very easy mod. It would prob still be alot of work to get just ducting back there even with an 11 console. maybe with a whole dash swap?!

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
What about heated seats?? For the rear of course.

·
04 oilburner
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe seat heaters when my girls get older, they are in car seats right now. I'm trying to design something to run from the front heater under the front bench to the rear floor. We'll see.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
@04 oilburner Good luck with your designs. I would try this, but Im not an expert in design.

@lowbedriver Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No problem,I did something like this for my brother but it was in the bed of the truck with a fiberglass shell.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
No problem,I did something like this for my brother but it was in the bed of the truck with a fiberglass shell.
The Ex's have a plastic formed duct that snakes around the console and under the front seats. It is fed from a rear evap and blower. You may be able to find the duct work at a truck recycler and then you would only have to tie in to the existing under dash vent.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I know your not looking for heated seats ATM, but for future I put those in the rear of my Crewcab, peeled back the leather and out them in. I then routed the wire under the carpet and mounted the switches in the center console of the front.

Carbon Fiber Universal Heated Seat Heater Kit - 2 Seats | eBay
You could install these in your car seat easily. Try them out first and if they're too hot stick a 1/4 inch thick sheet of cotton batting between the heater pad and seat cushion. These would probably wrap around the inside contour of the car seat somewhat. Know what I mean? Your kids will love you.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I will have to invest in these sometime in the future also. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts