Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a continuation of my other thread but I put a 2.5" kit up front and now I'm wanting to put in some rear lift blocks to even it out. The front is currently sitting about 1 1/4" higher than the rear. I can't really decide between a 3, 3.5, and 4" block to swap into the rear. Ideally, I'd like to get a f350 block but the stealership charges waaaay to much and i haven't found one on this site or any other for that matter. Anyways, have any of you done this and if so, what size block did you use and do you have pics??

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i used 2 inch blocks on mine and it sits rite around 3 inches higher in the rear...

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm assuming you mean you stacked a 2" block on top of the stocker 2" block right? i've looked into doing that but I think I'm getting a little bit of axle wrap and adding a pivot point could make it worse. I'm not a hundo percent sure but some say stacking is ok and some stay not to so I think I'm leaning to just swapping out the stock for another taller block. looks really good though!

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
stroke of luck.... I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i need some 2 " blocks have a 4" factory on my 350 and its too tall

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you are going to remove the stock block you should get a new one that incorperates the bump stop (like a factory block)

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fyi...i have a set of lift blocks coming from Precision Metal Fab. New concept that incorporates the u-bolts into the block. I'll have a write up with pics, reviews when I get them on:rockwoot:

·
Registered
91 Posts
fyi...i have a set of lift blocks coming from Precision Metal Fab. New concept that incorporates the u-bolts into the block. I'll have a write up with pics, reviews when I get them on:rockwoot:
Do they have a website? Also do you guys know if you can stack 4" blocks on top of 2"? Thanks

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't stack blocks if you can help it. it just creates a pivot point that can potentially fail if axle wrap is bad. I'm sure PMF will be able to make the blocks as tall as you want. contact Trevor at Precision Metal Fab and talk to him.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Trevor sent me some pictures of his floating traction blocks. They look awesome!!! He can do just about anything you need, just have to ask. Let me know what you think about the blocks you ordered from him.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
New Concept???? Ummm....NO

I've had this type of stuff on my truck for quite a while now.

The only difference is that I got it from the guys that came up with the concept - One Up Offroad. They are a site sponsor too!

Precision Metal Fab is just another douche bag outfit ripping off OUO, and they're doing a half-ass job of it. Sadly, I don't see much precision going on there at all.

I hate thieves!!!!

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey man...don't get pissed at me! I'm not affiliated with them at all, just a satisfied customer that was stoked on finding what I wanted. i looked at dozens of different lift blocks and manufacturers and the PMF blocks are the only one's i saw incorporating the u-bolts. i went on OUO's website and the only thing i found were whole traction bar systems which is not what i was looking for. so what makes PMF thieves and a douche bag outfit? unless OUO has a patent on their block, I don't see an issue. quite frankly, I'm glad there are other companies out there that offer similar products for me to choose from. can you imagine what the public would have to pay if there was only one company making something?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Stroke of Luck...be careful...these guys get really pissed if you dont drink the Koolaid LOL

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
stroke of luck said:
hey man...don't get pissed at me! I'm not affiliated with them at all, just a satisfied customer that was stoked on finding what I wanted. i looked at dozens of different lift blocks and manufacturers and the PMF blocks are the only one's i saw incorporating the u-bolts. i went on OUO's website and the only thing i found were whole traction bar systems which is not what i was looking for. so what makes PMF thieves and a douche bag outfit? unless OUO has a patent on their block, I don't see an issue.
I never said that you were affiliated with PMF.

I guess I look at it like this: When someone steals a design from a small, family based company, like OUO, the thief is effectively taking food right off their dinner table.

If having a problem with something like this means that I'm drinking the Kool-aid, then so be it. I'd feel the same way if something like this happened to any number of the sponsors on this site.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok....agreed. however, did you have a problem when you bought your stack from X company? i'm pretty sure there are multiple small companies out there that make a polished, 6", miter cut stack (or whatever you have.) did you go around telling everyone that every other company that makes a stack just like yours are douches and thieves? highly doubt it. it's a free market man and thank God it is otherwise people that could monopolize an industry would have the buying public by the balls. plus we're talking about lift blocks...how much innovation could there possibly be? if this was a fuel system, turbo, or some crazy injector that uses kryptonite, then of course there would be an issue....but if that person was smart, they'd also patent the hell out of whatever it was if they didn't want other people making similar products.

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
New Concept???? Ummm....NO

I've had this type of stuff on my truck for quite a while now.

The only difference is that I got it from the guys that came up with the concept - One Up Offroad. They are a site sponsor too!

Precision Metal Fab is just another douche bag outfit ripping off OUO, and they're doing a half-ass job of it. Sadly, I don't see much precision going on there at all.

I hate thieves!!!!
Well, GUESS what!? That "douche bag outfit" would be me. Sad that I finally decided to become a member of this forum simply to defend myself....
So Hotstik, being that you know so much about me, when was it that I met you? Making such a slanderous post says quite a lot about you. I hope you dont certainly believe in what you are saying. There are many products on the market that offer a similar function or design and go about doing it in a different way.
One Up Offroad in my honest opinion has the benchmark when it comes to quality suspension components. The first time I ever saw a OUO part in person was at SEMA this last year. They are however, very expensive. Everything I build is designed, tested, and built by myself. If you want to talk about family businesses, mine consists of 3 generations of my family. In no way would I steal from another company.
In the future please consider your comments about me, my company, or my products prior to posting them in an open forum.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.