Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 2011 F250 6.7. There is a wire harness at the rear of the truck that is related to the trailer harness some how. It has two dead end plugs snapped to the trailer hitch. I have been to 2 different dealers and talked to some technicians and nobody can tell me what it is for or what is does. Has anybody figured out what the harness is?? Is it possibly for a fifth wheel electrial set-up? Any help is greatly appreciated. I will work on a picture.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I bought a stock 7 pin plug for the in bed plug. IIRC It plugged in where two "Dead ends" were. I pulled out a "dummy" and plugged in the 5th wheel/Gooseneck plug harness.

Welcome! There is tons of great information here, and some "Entertainment" too! LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe thats what it is also. I would like to get the connector that plugs into the harness w/ a pigtail so I can splice running lights into the harness.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Don't know if you can just buy the connector... maybe so. My whole plug for the bed was only like 48.00 or so from my dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the great information. Ill try the dealer again. Hopefully they can find it this time.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
Don't know if you can just buy the connector... maybe so. My whole plug for the bed was only like 48.00 or so from my dealer.
You have a part no for that plug?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope there is nothing I can find. I have even treid looking with a for tech on a wiring schematic. They cant tell me what it is or what the part number is. All i know is that it is hooked into the rear main wiring harness and trailer harness. Do you happen to know the part #.

·
The new dude
195 Posts
I installed the factory in bed plug on a truck that did not come equipped with it. It came with the plug and bracket for the bed and the wire harness that goes down to the factory harness. If you guys still need the part number I will get it tomorrow when I get to work.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Sorry I don't. I typically keep boxes like that, (Good to ship Christmas Presents off) Maybe the wife already used it. Your dealer could get it for you easily. Just go in and ask for the bed plug for the trailer towing package. It mounts on the left side just in front of tailgate of course. (Warning, it's not a direct bolt in.) The original hole from the factory is stamped out, and odd shaped.

As you can see in these pictures, there are tabs that were used to hold it in place when installed at the factory, I imagine then there were nut plates where the bolt holes were, I simply cut off those tabs, used a hole saw big enough to put the rest of the plug through, marked my bolt holes, and used bolts, lock washers and nuts to install it. That worked fine. You can fairly easily reach up to get to the bolts between the bed and body panel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. Ordered the part today. Just needed to got the right dealer with a good parts dealer.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
I am trying to get this plug again from dealer they tell me they can't find any such thing? anyone have the part numbers?

·
Registered
630 Posts
If it's for your 2011, have your dealer look for a 13A576.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
If it's for your 2011, have your dealer look for a 13A576.
Thanks will give it a try sometimes I wonder about dealerships you ask a question and its like the world is coming to an end .

·
Registered
630 Posts
Some of y'all really suffer with crappy dealers from what I read on here. It all depends on the individual you get behind the counter.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
yes after giving him the part number he wanted the vin. then he tells me that truck didn't come with that . I am like no #### thats why i am calling after serval calls and faxes i think i got it ordered. it was 64 list and my cost was like 53. so will see in a few days.

·
Registered
630 Posts
That sounds right. You should be ok.

·
2010 ASA PRO-4 Champion
220 Posts
cool thanks for your help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts