Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seams to be leaking on to where the old stock exhaust exits over the axle....could it be just a fitting or o ring? common problems i should be aware of? one time i tried pulling the skid plating but had trouble getting it off and have been running off the rear tank for a while now.....

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Dirt and debris get between the skid plate and th fuel tank and eventually the tank rusts out and/or the debris rubs a hole in the tank and they leak. Drop the skid plate and look at the tank. I would bet that you find several small pin holes. A new tank is pretty cheap. Less than 100 bucks. Another option would be to buy a bronco tank and do the pickup assembly mod to it to increase the capacity from 18 to 33 gallons. There is a nice write up on it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okie dokie

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
You wanna get the F26E tank it's 38 US gallons, same dimensions as stock only 13" deep iirc. Bronc is smaller and deeper making it harder to hang the spare under there

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
^ Good call. I didn't know about that one. Looks like I know what one I am going with when mine gives up the ghost or when I can convince the boss(wife) that I "need" it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts