Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just did a 3inch rsk on my 95 f250. I basically followed what brad did for the rear and put 5inch tapered ready lift blocks in the rear. Now when I take off I get a driveline shimmy. I have a extended cab longbed so I am assuming I need to shim my carrier bearing to take bring everything back in line. My question is how thick of a shim do I need or is it going to be a trial and error thing trying different thickness shims?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
i think rule of thumb is 1/4'' for every inch raised.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You will most likely have to space down the carrier bearing 3/4's of an inch and put in a 5" non tapered rear block. You're pinion shaft rotates up when you throttle on it. It should be a few degrees on the low side as in the pinion shaft is closer to the ground. A friend of mine just went through this.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
By shimmy, do you man the rear axle is moving side to side, or that you feel a vibration? under acceleration?

If a vibration under acceleration, then you are experiencing axle wrap. I fixed mine with traction bars. no more vibration under acceleration

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean when I take off I feel a shake but its just taking off from a stop. When im going at speed its fine.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
I mean when I take off I feel a shake but its just taking off from a stop. When im going at speed its fine.
Traction bars will fix that. The added leverage form the 5" block is why you feel it. It now wraps the springs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts