Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent had this truck that long .got stuck the other day rear end wouldnt hook posi so i pulled the rear cover . well its not one . after cleaning the back cover really good its a 93 350 is what the cover says in junk yard yellow . the gears are 3. 55 s .how hard would it be to put a limited slip in this housing . ? or whats the best way to go about it .

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
personally if you havent done a R&P on an axle I wouldnt do it. I would just find another 10.25 rear axle with 3.55s that has a posi.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
some may say that it isnt that hard to do but I know I will either find a different axle or have someone that has done it alot before I do it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
:whs:
some may say that it isnt that hard to do but I know I will either find a different axle or have someone that has done it alot before I do it.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I have done many differential setups in my time and I can tell you for sure that you don't want to attempt it without a laundry list of specialized tools that aren't cheap to buy. Things like pinion preload, pinion depth, gear mesh, side play, bearing removal/install which require a press and the right adapters. That is just off the top of my head.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i can do some things and other things are best left to others lol
thanks for replying you guys have helped me a lot with this truck ?????ss
and saved me a ton of money .

·
Shortbus driver
223 Posts
Put in a Lockright. Cheaper, easier to install, and way more effective traction.

I had a limited slip in mine. Great for burnouts and sliding around in the rain. No better at preventing you from getting stuck. Also useless with some payload in the bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts