Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Ford Excursion with 256K and when I was backing out of the garage it felt like I hit a car. I tried to pull forward but it would not. I gave it about 50% power to get it back into the garage. Took the brake assembly off the passenger rear and disconnected the cable. I hit the drum portion and the rotor and it loosened slightly so I could rotate it with a pry bar. It still will not budge. What else can I do?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most likely you will need to take it apart and replace the e-brake shoes. Sounds like the lining fell(rusted) off a shoe and is wedging itself between the other shoe and rotor hat. The e-brake assembly in these trucks is a very poor design. Never rely on it to hold your truck, you were lucky if they worked on a new truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tomlin the pads were off but were still in place, but! the star adjuster was broken in half! That is what locked it up and I had to beat the crap out of it to get it to finally release the rotor. TONS of rust. Complete rebuild in store. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone replaced the shoe on the Excursion E brakes? The room to remove them is smaller than the video of the Super Duty ones of the same year and when I looked up the parts they suggest a Timkin seal replacement, ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts