Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had my transmission and rear driveshaft blow up a few weeks back, and am in need of some help from the CCSB ZF5 4x4 guys. I just ordered the new transmission and (being as impatient as i am) was wondering if any of you guys out there could tell me your rear driveshaft length?
My truck is a CCSB, with a new zfs547 on the way, 4x4, and has a 4.5 inch lift. The other thing is I'm replacing the one piece driveshaft that was back there, so I would need to know the measurements from the flange on the transfer case to the yoke on the differential.
If anyone has those lengths it would really be appreciated. That way I can order the driveshaft so I can assemble everything at once instead of waiting an additional 3 or 4 days while a shop builds it once I give them the length from my truck with the new trans and transfer case back in it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Hey Tristan,
Have my pet truck parked (as it requires a rebuild on the 7.3), is a 97 CCSB ZF 5 with RSK SD springs on all four corners. Can’t remember lift over stock height, but measures 26” from center hub to fender arch. Distance on mine from T Case out put flange face (face that universal side bolts to) to center of saddle yolk on rear universal is 74.5”. This is measured in a straight line, (as mine has the stock two piece D shaft).
Hope that helps.
I’ll put some pix in my Drop Box link below in a few. Will be in 97 CCSB folder.
Cheers,
jrc

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
So in the Drop Box pix the measurement of 75” to center of universal saddle is because I was by myself and hooked the tape on the transfer case side of the flange.... sorry for any confusion, so you have to take off flange thickness.... The total length straight line is 74.5” from universal mid saddle to flange face on transfer end.

j

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in the Drop Box pix the measurement of 75” to center of universal saddle is because I was by myself and hooked the tape on the transfer case side of the flange.... sorry for any confusion, so you have to take off flange thickness.... The total length straight line is 74.5” from universal mid saddle to flange face on transfer end.

j
Thanks for the help! I'm excited for the new shaft to come in it should look real good!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
NP, when you get it rigged up I’d like to see what it looks like, (single D shaft). Are you using single universals at each end or a dual cardigan on the front?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts