Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way of going about getting the fill plug out without stripping the damn thing

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Depends on whether or not you have already done damage. It is usually removed by putting a ratchet in the hole and loosening it but if it is like the one I did today on my buddies rollback I had to drill the center out and use an easy out. If you dip the drill bit in grease the shavings won't fall in the rear.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i havent even tried yet so hopefully i wont do any dammage

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
blast it with sime sort of penetrating oil kroil is my favorite let it soak overnight and thread it out. if it binds up thread it back in a few threads then back it out continue as necessary. if that doesnt work then move on to the more agressive methods. mine came right out once it broke loose

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
huh okay yeah i planned on doing the pentrating oil. but the welding sounds like it would be better bet. only i dont have anything to weld with ha ha.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Use penetrating oil on it, and use a small punch to get all the rust out of the area where you stick the extension in. Then pound a 3" extension in it and take it out.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts