Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice deal on a rear D60 discs, 4.88s and a detroit...

How much of a PITA would this be to swap in? Is it even possible, withouthaving to cut/weld perches?

Thanks fellas..

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
The biggest problem I can think of is does it have a VSS on it for your speedo?

What did the axle come out of?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt even have that cross my mind.. damn.

Honestly I dont know, I'll find out and report back.

·
ate lug
172 Posts
If it came out of a van it could have the VSS. If it didnt, it is still possible to add one, but you need to get a tone ring from Ford. Youd also need to make sure the carrier in the diff will accept one. They started machining them for the tone ring a few years before they started putting them in, and all aftermarket carriers accept one. From there its just drilling a hole through the diff for it to stick through. But if it came out of a van, its going to have the wrong leaf spring spacing.

So i guess what im getting at is, yes you can make it work, but i can almost guarantee its not going to just bolt in and work.

My question though is, why? A d60 is nowhere near as strong as a 10.25. id put the money into that instead, its a better axle.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
I have access to one too. Has 3:73 gears so I'm guessing its from a Chevy. I think the 3:73s would be perfect for what I want. Is it possible to use this in my truck?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I have access to one too. Has 3:73 gears so I'm guessing its from a Chevy. I think the 3:73s would be perfect for what I want. Is it possible to use this in my truck?
If you want to have a cross joint, cut and weld spring perches and add a Vss sensor, sure, it will work:doh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts