Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new rear bumper, has been mucked up since I got the truck. I am interested to see what you guys are running for bumpers and auxilary back up lights.

Thanks

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
I originally put a set of LED pop ins in the bumper but with the dually, it shines behind the truck and all i can't see behind the truck with the dually fenders.

I got a set of LED ATV lights and mounted them under the bumper. they work GREAT. I have them tucked up high enough so if I back into a snow bank or something they will not get destroyed. I have them angled out as to see next to the truck as well as behind. I bought a set for EVERY truck in the fleet, I just need to mount them. They are so high, you can't even see them

·
Registered
306 Posts
I originally put a set of LED pop ins in the bumper but with the dually, it shines behind the truck and all i can't see behind the truck with the dually fenders.

I got a set of LED ATV lights and mounted them under the bumper. they work GREAT. I have them tucked up high enough so if I back into a snow bank or something they will not get destroyed. I have them angled out as to see next to the truck as well as behind. I bought a set for EVERY truck in the fleet, I just need to mount them. They are so high, you can't even see them

Brad that sounds exactly like what I want to do. Can you post a pic of how you mounted them. I was thinking off the receiver.

Are they on a separate switch?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
I mounted them to the supports that go out to the corners of the bumper. Them, the LEDs in the bumper and the LEDs in the stock location are all wired thru the factory back up light switch. And all 6 lights draw less then the stock 2 incandescent

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok.. I was worried about them drawing to much and blowing fuses.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of beam do they have Brad? spot or flood?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Truk nutz?

(Not a fan but to each their own.)

That is still one if the nicest looking truck.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Awesome pics. Thanks for taking the time Brad. Looks good! What did you use for frame paint?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
what kind of beam do they have Brad? spot or flood?

Floods. No pint in being able to see 100' behind the truck, I wanted to see 10' behind it

Awesome pics. Thanks for taking the time Brad. Looks good! What did you use for frame paint?
POR15 as prime and TSC Lo-Glare black as a top coat

·
Registered
300 Posts
Truk nutz?

(Not a fan but to each their own.)

That is still one if the nicest looking truck.
I think those truck nuts are made out of some kind of vehicle part or giant nuts for bolts.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Brad, where did you get your lights from?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,327 Posts
I think those truck nuts are made out of some kind of vehicle part or giant nuts for bolts.
Those are 3" nuts and they are from a 150' tower

Those lights I got from Ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts