Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I had a rear caliper seize up on me. Anyone have this happen. Ford dealer said it is not that uncommon. Truck has 103,000 miles on it. Put on new pads and rotors all around about 7000 miles ago. Ended up putting a factory loaded caliper back on.

I

·
0 Posts
This weekend I had a rear caliper seize up on me. Anyone have this happen. Ford dealer said it is not that uncommon. Truck has 103,000 miles on it. Put on new pads and rotors all around about 7000 miles ago. Ended up putting a factory loaded caliper back on.
On my forth duty and never had a caliper problem. I think I was just lucky because I know of lots of guys who have had caliper's seize up. It doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy or Dodge it happens.

·
Word
608 Posts
Not lubricating the caliper slides during routine brake pad changes or not cleaning and lubricating them after driving through deep water or mud will cause the slides to seize up...usually caliper slide seizure is do to lack of routine maint. A Caliper piston seizure is most likely due to a faulty caliper....BUT...it's also caused by driving the vehicle until the pads get worn down so far that the piston is pushed way to far out of the piston bore causing either an immediate seizure or damaging the inside of the caliper causing it to seize shortly after...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts