Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to remove the blocks on the rear completely to get the truck lower in the rear to get level with the front?

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Your good to go. Put on new u bolts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I went to remove the rear blocks between the leafs and rear axel to lower the rear end of the truck and noticed the blocks are welded to the axel. I suppose I could take a zip disc and buzz them off but I was under the impression that the wouldn't be welded on.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Weird. Can you get a pic? They shouldn't be welded on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front and back are not welded but the saddles of each block have been welded to the axel wouldn't be hard to zip through it and grind the weld off the axel but I didn't want to get into all that today I was shooting for just some unbolting and bolting back up

Attachments

·
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so my blocks are already removed gotcha. Well is there any other way to lower the rear end to sit level with the front? I'm about 1.5" maybe 2" higher in the rear. It's a 2wd 250 and I just got the front end aligned and I don't want to raise the front and deal with alignment issues. But I want the truck to sit level.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
2wd never came with a block. Just doing perch on axle and then springs.

F250 4x4 has a 2” rear block between axle and springs.

F350 4x4 has a 4” rear block

To lower the rear you either need to remove the bottom leaf that’s 1” thick which will compromise load capacity. But you can add air bags to make up for that. Or buy some drop shackles from pmf or someone to lower the rear of the truck.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
The redneck way of doing it and I don't condone it and say that it shouldn't be done this way is to get a torch and heat up the springs until it sits level.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Again I say DO NOT DO IT THIS WAY.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The better way is to just remove a spring leaf.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I think the best route will probably be the drop shackles and then maybe pull the bottom leaf then some air bags.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the proper way to shim to correct pinion angle? Very rarely do I mess with suspension work short of replacing shocks and springs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts