Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is a 2008 model with 5r110w in it.ok guys the truck is only slipping when it goes from 3-4 or 3-5 ive read where it skips 4 gear. should I order a direct clutch solenoid and try that first before bring it to the transmission shop. when it shifts out of 3 no matter how much throttle you give it, it revs then bangs into the next gear. I try to let off when I feel it about to shift because it hits so damn hard. the trans is a ford factory reman but they are not wanting to honor the warrenty because of the deletes and programmer but all that was on the truck when it was installed at the dealership. what should I do. yes the truck is returned to stock setting right now but does the same thing no matter what tune is on it. yall have been a lot of help with previous issues on this truck. just looking for the right road to take with this issue. I just had a motor and turbos put in last week now this. ive only had the truck 6 weeks. im about ready to blow a gasket!!!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
it sounds like there is internal damage if its banging that bad and actually slipping. pull the pan and see what you find. Its unlikely its just a sticky solenoid if this is the only driveability problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You can get a stock rebuild with billet convertor for about 1900 in Dallas

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
If you read my post i suggested to remove the trans pan and inpect for metal/debris. If you had 3-5 shift issues due to a sticky direct solenoid, you'd likely have other issues (like reverse engagement concerns, whether too hard, delayed, etc)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it does have a delay and kind of rough engagement in reverse at times. i wish i could get my hands on a solinoid over the weekend because i would drop the pan and change it. just dont think there is any parts place that carries them here in baton rouge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this trans is a ford factory reman and is still under warrenty but they are giving me the run around about not wanting to cover it because of the deletes and programmer but all that was on the truck when the transmission was installed back in 2011 at a ford dealership.

also what is the name of the place with the rebuild trand and what kind of warrenty they have?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Blairs Transmission Service
405 W Texas St, Mesquite, TX 75149

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys ford is going to honor the warrenty and replace my transmission. thanks for all the input and info.. much appreciated

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Buy your own convertor get a pi stallion

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blairs does good work.
I've had quite a few transmissions from there over the years for various trucks.
My dad abused the hell out of transmissions from there and would burn them up in 8-9 months and they always warrantied the work..

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok, now im having the same issue. its not "banging" into gear, it just wont hold the gear (3-4) or (3-5). it keeps going in and out. it also delays going into reverse and shutters sometimes. I have noticed, however, that once the tow haul light starts flashing, the truck drives flawlessly. just had this trany rebuilt 30k ago with a billet converter. thoughts? im hoping solenoid. which one do I need? any advice on installing it?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Sounds like direct drive is done. What code was stored? What kit was installed? What did they set direct clutch pack clearance to? Direct drive solenoid does nothing in reverse; the clutch is applied through the manual valve in the solenoid body. Is it still under warranty?

PM me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts