Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my badges to take all the black off of them so they are all chrome. my question is has anyone one ever thought of putting them in the dishwasher? Idk if this would be a good idea my main concern is messing up the badges, will it? or am i wasting my time? I know all the chemicals i can use to do this, the dishwasher just seems easier lol. Also can anyone tell me the best tape to use for when i put them back on? sorry for beating a dead horse.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
try it and let me know lol! It should be fine, I removed the black with a dental pick and carb cleaner kinda slow though

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
i just used 3M two sided tape to put mine back on after i painted, make sure you clean the fender really good before you put it on

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks, hows it holdin up?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
perfect no signs of wear or peeling off, its only 8 months old but it was in the winter salt when it was first put on

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good ive used the stuff before just not on the truck and it holds up!. Oh yeah the dishwasher idea....didnt work

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Lol thanks! Ya 3M has tape has been on mine for 7 or 8 years now works great!

·
150 Posts
Acetone and a paint brush to remove the old paint off of the emblem. 3M double sided tape to put them back on.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I got it taken care of this weekend and it looks so much better. Thanks alot guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts