Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starter recently went out. Which was one of those 6.4s with the 7.3 nose I had made myself. But always heard good things about denso and always wanted one. But with alot of knockoffs and real ones usually 350-400 shipped.

I did some research and called Denso auto parts and asked for a list of authorized dealers and Napa auto came up. But did not see it on there website or in store. But with little more research I found out that Napa auto rebox's the denso starter in thier box's under different part number and does not require core charge, so I was lucky enough to keep my old one and rebuild and save for a rainy day.

As seen in picture below. Just wanted to let people know. I also signed up for their notification and recieved a percentage off of online order and got starter even cheaper. Paid less then 270 out the door.

P.S do not get the one that requires a core charge because that one is remanufactured and has said to need modifications to fit and is not remanufactured through Denso

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here the pic

·
Registered
22 Posts
My starter recently went out. Which was one of those 6.4s with the 7.3 nose I had made myself. But always heard good things about denso and always wanted one. But with alot of knockoffs and real ones usually 350-400 shipped.

I did some research and called Denso auto parts and asked for a list of authorized dealers and Napa auto came up. But did not see it on there website or in store. But with little more research I found out that Napa auto rebox's the denso starter in thier box's under different part number and does not require core charge, so I was lucky enough to keep my old one and rebuild and save for a rainy day.

As seen in picture below. Just wanted to let people know. I also signed up for their notification and recieved a percentage off of online order and got starter even cheaper. Paid less then 270 out the door.

P.S do not get the one that requires a core charge because that one is remanufactured and has said to need modifications to fit and is not remanufactured through Denso

One thing that I have noticed is that the real Denso's are either made in Japan or Thailand. The fake ones always come from the Land of Almost Right (China)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts