Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 06 w/ 2.5 leveling kit. I want to align my front axel under center of my truck. Has anyone used a readylift track bar bracket. And if so does it align the axel good. Might just go with a icon tract bar but wanted options

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody???????

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did it to mine. It lowered it and I had to have the drive link adjusted to get the steering wheel straight again. I still have a slight pull to the left and have no idea why. It's been back to get aligned and still does it. It might be just my truck or the guys that aligned it.

Don't know if this helps or not.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it center ur axel good

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I like mine. I think it did a good job.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any other feedback on this???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Adjustable track bar is a good option to, and you should get an alignment after your level.

Some say that the brackets and bars are not necessary but they are, I wouldnt want to drive with my axle shifted .5 or more inches off, which can cause axle wrap.

You can also sleeve your stock track bar, if your a good confident welder. I wouldnt want it to break off doing 70 mph

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
27 Posts
just go with the icon adjustable track bar, no need to worry if it'll be right or not, bc you can dial it in perfectly. And also if you ever decide to lift it a bit more, you can just adjust it and you'll be all set.

I'm probably going to go with the adjustable track bar from Trevor over at PMF though since he's making me a bunch of other parts too

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just go with the icon adjustable track bar, no need to worry if it'll be right or not, bc you can dial it in perfectly. And also if you ever decide to lift it a bit more, you can just adjust it and you'll be all set.

I'm probably going to go with the adjustable track bar from Trevor over at PMF though since he's making me a bunch of other parts too
Only thing that was steering me away from icon was the price. I know u get what u pay for but 330 for a bad. Come o

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Get a adj bar...plus Castor shims if you didn't get them.
NO reason for a alignment just adjust your track bar and drag link..10 min.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hear you on it being a pricey piece, but I'll make it a little worse for you. Don't get the 330 dollar bar they have, get the one with the bearing end on it, which is just over $400. Too many people had problems without the bearing so they added it as an upgrade. Personally I don't know why they even sell the cheaper one anymore if you won't be happy with it long term. Get the better one the first time around and you'll be all set. I'm actually looking at the one that PMF makes, even though it's pretty pricey at 550, but replaces that entire joint.

If I were you and was only running the 2.5" lift, I probably wouldn't worry about the bar. There are plenty of people running these lifts without. Unless you can notice poor handling and aren't satisfied with it as you have it, then don't bother. Just my 2 cents though, others may disagree

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My truck handles and drives perfect. Its the axel being offset that drives me nuts. But for the cost of these things I might just leave it. I got other things I want to get now like fuel system and injectors! !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts