Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kit wotks great. Rides like stock. No pulling or alignment issues and sits perfectly level. I also have a extra set brand new in the box that I ordered for a friend and he never picked them up. Pm me if you are interested.
Here is a after pic.

Here is before.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much. I have a set of 35x12.50-20 toyo mts to put on and that should put the final touch on it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did keep the factory shocks. I was very surprised at how much extra length they had after I unbolted them and stretched them out. I will also tell you that the brake line bracket bolted right back like factory. Any spacer thicker than 1.5" below the coil and they would not work without modification. Very neat install.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Yeah. I have Icon's 1" TEI which is the same style leveling kit, but I went with some Bilstein 5100 series 0-2" shocks. I am not at all pleased with the ride. Seeing that you are seeing no difference in ride quality from stock, I believe I am going to put my factory shocks back on. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice looking truck!! I vote one of two things... Shorten the bed and make it ridiculously fast... Or turn it into a sweet driveable pulling truck!! :p I have to say the black on the wheels and the tint give it a good contrast.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments. Jeff it really rides great. I am really picky about the ride and it is no different than stock. Actually handles better with it level.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks very much. I have a set of 35x12.50-20 toyo mts to put on and that should put the final touch on it.
post pics when you put the 35's on

·
Registered
250 Posts
FWIW I still have the factory shocks on mine with a 1.5 spacer. Rides like stock. No real reason it should ride better or worse though. When I had the 2.5 spacer, I would feel them over extend on big bumps. So really, they are just barley long enough for the 1.5 spacer.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm loving the look of those wheels more and more. I might try to pick a set up for winter wheels.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ever get the 35's on yet? Did you ever measure front and back to see if it is level. I am considering a 1 inch block or 1.5inch. I do not want the front end higher than the back. I cannot tell in your pick if it is higher in front or not. Looks good

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Ever get the 35's on yet? Did you ever measure front and back to see if it is level. I am considering a 1 inch block or 1.5inch. I do not want the front end higher than the back. I cannot tell in your pick if it is higher in front or not. Looks good
I went with Icon's 1" TEI up front and my truck is ever so slightly higher in the rear. It looks to me like it sits dead level, but if the truck is on level ground you can see that it sits slightly lower in the front. I am thinking about getting this 1.5" kit and selling my 1" because I have 3" traction blocks on the way. I want the rear higher, but I don't know if I want it noticeably higher....like a stock F-350.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I hear ya. I am either going to get this readylift 1.5" kit or a zone offroad 1" kit. The zone offroad kit is half the price.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, I have not mounted the 35s yet. Just been putting it off since my buddy mounted his and lost 3mpg and some power. my stock tires still look like new. I have measered mine and front is 41.75" and the rear is 42". My truck sat 1.5" lower in the front factory being a single cab. My 4 door cc sits only 1" lower in the front. They do tend to look level still down a tad bit in the front. I love the feel with the front level now.

Also, I did find that ready lift originally made these spacers in 1" so I got lucky and found a set brand new on e bay for my 4 door. They told me that the demand for 1.5" were higher than the 1".

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey, I have not mounted the 35s yet. Just been putting it off since my buddy mounted his and lost 3mpg and some power. my stock tires still look like new. I have measered mine and front is 41.75" and the rear is 42". My truck sat 1.5" lower in the front factory being a single cab. My 4 door cc sits only 1" lower in the front. They do tend to look level still down a tad bit in the front. I love the feel with the front level now.

Also, I did find that ready lift originally made these spacers in 1" so I got lucky and found a set brand new on e bay for my 4 door. They told me that the demand for 1.5" were higher than the 1".
Ok. Should have read this before I PM'ed you back. You can just disregard the PM haha. I measured my extended cab short bed and it is also 1.5" lower in the front. That is good to know as I do not want to to bulldog in the front. Thank you

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
I'm loving the look of those wheels more and more. I might try to pick a set up for winter wheels.
Wow lol. I'm trying to fine a set for my nice wheels!

·
Registered
49 Posts

is he really sure he lost the milage or is the speedo now off making it look worse?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts