Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to inform, i just had the 2.5 sst lift put on the truck and its no where near as close to factory as i had hoped, especially since it was only a leveling kit. the ride is bouncier and it now needs a beefier steering stabilizer. just a heads up, b/c i had done this on my previous '07 f-150 and you couldn't tell ANY diff. and now i'm border-line regreting it on this f-250.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
just to inform, i just had the 2.5 sst lift put on the truck and its no where near as close to factory as i had hoped, especially since it was only a leveling kit. the ride is bouncier and it now needs a beefier steering stabilizer. just a heads up, b/c i had done this on my previous '07 f-150 and you couldn't tell ANY diff. and now i'm border-line regreting it on this f-250.
What shocks did you go with?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Put a dual steering stabilizer on it. I didnt think there was much of a difference with my kit at all.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Im not sure how there is much difference either, maybe a little more bump steer as your caster has changed. Stabilizers will fix that some along with caster shims. Other than the caster, you havent changed anything else. Your shocks shouldnt be maxed out, but replacing them with an aftermarket set will help dramatically

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
A 2.5" increase in ride height up front with factory shocks is not ideal. You are also altering the way the coil spring compresses. I think anything over 1-1.5" is going to show a noticeable difference in ride quality from the factory. That has been my experience with cheap leveling kits. This is why I am going to Icon coils in the front very soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still running the factory rancho's as the kit came with shock extensions so i was assuming that there wouldn't be any diff. also to the OP, is the dual stabilizer necessary or would an upgraded replacement for the factory one suffice? also, when the kit was installed it was missing the carrier bearing spacer and that came in today and after putting that on there was def. a diff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts