Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what tune to run... KEM 310 or 345, or the Hot Damn 300. I want to throw the biggest numbers down on paper possible. Help me out with this one gents! Thanks...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would say 310 it felt alot stronger on my truck. If you have time it would be great if you coud run the 310 and 345 for comparison

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to run both, but don't have time for the tranny relearn. It's still a few weeks out, want to get my traction bars 1st.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I'd love to run both, but don't have time for the tranny relearn. It's still a few weeks out, want to get my traction bars 1st.
You dont need to do a tranny relearn for dyno runs. Some say you get better numbers if you load a tune just before a dyno run.

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
The 300 is stronger on my truck for some reason and I know of several others that agree it is on their trucks as well, and thats just from seat of the pants so it is an obvious difference in my experiences. I just get better mileage on the 345 so i run it most of the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea im gonna dyno my truck for first time this sat, im still on h&s 250 tune i tried the 300 hot damn when it first came out but my truck would blow white smoke for a few min at a time then change back, never lost power or anything but scared me so i switched back and it stopped. thought about trying it again for dyno runs. but i dont know???

·
Registered
179 Posts
My truck, with the Tow Power Xs, Bigger intake and exhaust plumbing, and stock fuel, made:
580 on KEM 345,
667 on Erics Xrace tune on SCT,
680 on H&S Hot Damn 300.

I didn't try Kem 310, but after being 100 down from H&S, I didnt wanna waste time.

H&S is smoking a bit more than I'd like, and runs a bit warm on EGTs, so I have already ordered SCT w/Erics's tunes.

Kem might work better for you and your set up, but I was disappointed. Try em all, see what runs better for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed the 300 smoking a bit much also. I really like the pull out of it though. And I also like the shift on the fly. The 345 smokes as much as the 300, but for some reason the 345 doesn't feel as though its pulling as strong. The 310 pulls the strongest, but the shifting blows. I thought about copying the H&S tranny files into the KEM 310 tunes, but figured there may be danger involved. still contemplating which one to run on the drums. Gonna bolt on traction bars this weekend if I can decide on a set and get them bought... then we'll put her on the drums.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I've heard good things about the 300

1 - 10 of 10 Posts