Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys so anyone who has seen my truck knows my stacks have some rust spots on them. what is a good paint to repaint them with. ill probably be doing it in the next week or 2 before it gets to cold.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i was thinking about using. do you know if you can find high temp paint in gray? i have an idea for another part of my stacks :evil

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
clean all the paint to bare shiny steel and use john deere blitz black, its not flat but it nots glossy, perfect for a set of black stacks and i run it on my stacks and my factory exhaust (i switch back n forth, dont like towing with stacks)

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you get me some pics of that please

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Do they make high temp in Gloss? I got a stack today and it needs to be painted.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im trading my stacks for 7" aussies so im not worried now lol

·
HD550FORD
194 Posts
if you want cool colors other than black, go to auto parts place get engine block paint,the stuff is tuff, its some sort of ceramic based hight temp, i have painted engines,bike frames,wheels everything,man its as tuff as powder coat comes in all sorts of colors and finishes made by dupli-color im pretty sure

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
I used Rust-Oleum Hammered finish in Black on my dual 5"s, paint says is only good to 200 degrees, but its held up very well so far, so apparently 200 degrees is a conservative estimate.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just got done painting my stacks with rustoleum flat black paint that is good to 2000 deg i applied one can to each stack after stripping the old paint off and am going to apply two cans to the y pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts