Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I need some quick help. The truck is for sale and people are coming to look at it this weekend, but I am having trouble re-installing the stock headlights. I remember when I took them out, I took the whole "grill support" piece out because of the barbs on the lower adjustment screw. When I put them back in, everything seemed to go back in fine, without taking the support piece out. However, once I got the clear headlight lens and the orange bottom and side piece in, the orange piece is sitting about 1/2 an inch further out then the clear lens, they are flush. I'm confused because everything seems to be in right and all screw brackets seem to be flush against their holes.

Would the two metal clips on the top of the light assembly make a big difference? I can't find those, but the light still seemed to fit in properly. Would those clips make a difference in spacing or how far in the assembly goes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm clearly forgetting/missing something, but I don't know what.

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
I just replaced my headlights with 02-04 ones. The two metal clips per light hold the top in place. They lock in the headlight. Mine flopped around until I put them back in, even with the bottom locked in.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I ended up finding the two metal clips per light, so the top will be held in. It seems like its the bottom of the headlight part is in too far. When I put turning signal part in, its about 1/2 an inch further out than the headlight part. I don't get it, the gap from the lights to the truck seem right on the edges. Its as if I'm missing a small part or something, I'm not sure. Its identical on both sides.

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
Do you have any pictures? Hard to visualize, you have adjusted them correct, and they are still not lining up? Mine did not line up until I adjusted them.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean using the adjustment screws? Will the bottom adjustment screw actually move the angle of the light assembly? I thought it just affected the light angle, I didn't know that.

I never adjusted either one after taking them out, and they've just been in a box, but I guess they could need adjustment.

I'll go try that and see if it moves.

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
Yes, I think there are two if I remeber correctly. My new headlights were WAY out of alignment, making them look like they did not fit at all at first. Hope your fix is that simple.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, thats exactly what mine look like, they don't look right at all. I will try the adjustment screw in the morning and post back if it helps at all. I didn't even think of that, I didn't know they made them move that much. I'll let you know in the morning.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were right, they just needed adjustment. I'm still amazed they moved that much. Thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate the quick response.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
thought the same thing when i put new smoke lenses on my OBS until i adjusted them way way up to look right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts