Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rcd s300 kit

7K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  powerstrokedkid87 
#1 ·
i'm assuming the kit only included the pedistal, adapter flange, gasket and bolts that bolt the adapter flange to the pedistal anyways.

#4 ·
still if its complete they should have all that. thats why i dont deal with them

#8 ·
well its not a rcd turbo then all theres have the two bolt oil feed and pipe thread in the chasis. the only thing holding you up is the vband gasket because ultra black honestly works better than any paper gasket on the pedistal. It should have all that minus the feed line so just call tomorrow

#9 ·
the stock feed line is bendable. The II turbo kits are the same way. When i bought my 62/70 from industrial...it didn't come with a feed line because you are suppose to use the factory one. All i had to do was tweak it a little bit...no big deal. Oh and the 62/70 from II is a S300 also. My TP turbo could also use the factory feed line also, but i opted to make my own braided stainless line. You're making the feed line more of a big deal than it needs to be.

#10 ·
not the 1/4 in pipe thread of an s300...
Not trying to start anything but this is not true. All the s300s I have dealt with are the same as a stock turbo feed with the 2 bolts. Only one was the pipe thread type and that was a batmo wheel turbo.

I have a s366 that was originally a RCD turbo kit and the stock feed line would work with it. That is the turbo the kit was designed for.

but the gaskets should have been included IMO

#12 ·
I could see fault on both ends. I'm not sure what all the kit says it includes but if it says it includes these things then call them I'm sure they'd send the stuff could be an honest mistake. If the description is vague why not call and ask exactly what it includes? Why some people may have stainless braided line and fittings around to make oil feed and drain lines most do not. If they buy a "complete kit" they might excpect everything to be there. But not if they bought a kit with just a adapter and pedestal as alot of people like to make their own lines. So I'd say call rcd and ask what it includes. If it doesn't include what you told your customer it did when you sold it you may just have to eat the diffrence. Or if it didn't include in the box what it said it did I'm sure they'll send you what it should have had.

#14 ·
JJ, might just wanna make a line then. It's really easy...and i used part of the stock feed line that seats into the top of the oil cooler. I can get a pic tomorrow if you'd like. It's actually alot nicer than using the stock one tho.

#16 ·
I just went out and looked and I have 2 bullseye turbos in the shop and they both have the 2 bolt style and are not tapped for 1/4 pipe thread, 2 BW airworks turbos and they are both tapped for 1/4 pipe and no holes and a RCD turbo that has the 2 holes and no 1/4 pipe thread.

maybe the fix is to include the line and if its a 1/4 pipe then use it and if not use the stock line. On the RCD turbo I had I used some ******* engineering. I took a piece of plate steel and drilled 2 holes and drilled and tapped the center lol maybe something like that could be included too.

#17 ·
maybe the fix is to include the line and if its a 1/4 pipe then use it and if not use the stock line. On the RCD turbo I had I used some ******* engineering. I took a piece of plate steel and drilled 2 holes and drilled and tapped the center lol maybe something like that could be included too.
lol hey nothing better than a little ingenuity

#21 ·
How did you make the male end of the stock line?? I appears as though you welded an AN fitting of some sort.

#24 ·
I agree with how you feel
it seems like some "KITS"
leave you scrambling for fixes and parts

I am fine with it if it states parts and tools needed to install or the like

it can be frustrating

I am not sure you should feel resposable to supply the missing ( if were calling it that?)parts
I wouldn't be upset at you for a suppliers issue

#25 ·
Making the line isn't the problem it's the fact that it isn't included to make any s300 work.
How is RCD suppose to know that the turbo that is being used needs a line made? How do they know that the factory line can't be used? They don't...and if you or the customer would have told them or talked to them about it when ordering the pedistal and adapter flange...this would've/could've been taken care of when ordering it. Also, if a person didn't need a line when ordering the pedistal kit...why would they even bother wasting the time and money by sending it in the kit if it was never gonna be used in the first place. I just think that it was up to the person ordering the part from RCD to make sure that that was addressed if the turbo needed an oil feed line.

#27 ·
Shouldn't you have thought to ask what exactly was included in the kit before you purchased it?

If I was the customer I think I would be more pissed with you than I would be with RCD. It would have me thinking how competent you are to be doing the work on my vehicle if you didn't know A) what exactly you needed or B) what exactly comes in the kit you just had me hand over a decent chunk of change for.

just my .02

#28 ·
A not working on his vehicle
B rcd sells the kit as a complete s300 kit. The same kit they sell in their bolt on s300 kit. C I dont deal with them normally. Your right, it's my fault for assuming they could piece together a complete turbo kit without any gaskets or lines missing. There is no paper gasket for the drain on the turbo.

If the vehicle were in my hands I could have made a custom line on site, not the case. He is stuck without a truck until Tuesday when he receives my new line for him overnight.

Again, not my fault, but makes me look bad because of missing pieces.
again JJ, that's because RCD's turbo's use the factory feed line. That's why their kit is a complete kit when you purchase it with the turbo. Never heard of anyone having any issues when ordering a turbo kit from them. You're making the feed line more of an issue that it RCD's fault when it's completely not. Now on the other hand...the missing gasket and bolts to bolt the adapter flange to the pedistal....that would be RCD's fault for them not being shipped with it. Sorry bud, but i have to totally disagree with ya about the feed line mishap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.