Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm assuming the kit only included the pedistal, adapter flange, gasket and bolts that bolt the adapter flange to the pedistal anyways.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well when you buy a RCD turbo kit(turbo and pedistal)...you use the factory feed line. II turbo kits uses the factory feed line also.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plus it's not that hard to make your own. I made my own in about 15 minutes with fittings and braided stainless line i already had.

·
Registered
922 Posts
still if its complete they should have all that. thats why i dont deal with them

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
people dont give these guys enough credit... every company has mishaps, dont like them, dont buy from them plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the stock feed line is bendable. The II turbo kits are the same way. When i bought my 62/70 from industrial...it didn't come with a feed line because you are suppose to use the factory one. All i had to do was tweak it a little bit...no big deal. Oh and the 62/70 from II is a S300 also. My TP turbo could also use the factory feed line also, but i opted to make my own braided stainless line. You're making the feed line more of a big deal than it needs to be.

·
Maroon truck guy
427 Posts
not the 1/4 in pipe thread of an s300...
Not trying to start anything but this is not true. All the s300s I have dealt with are the same as a stock turbo feed with the 2 bolts. Only one was the pipe thread type and that was a batmo wheel turbo.

I have a s366 that was originally a RCD turbo kit and the stock feed line would work with it. That is the turbo the kit was designed for.

but the gaskets should have been included IMO

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I could see fault on both ends. I'm not sure what all the kit says it includes but if it says it includes these things then call them I'm sure they'd send the stuff could be an honest mistake. If the description is vague why not call and ask exactly what it includes? Why some people may have stainless braided line and fittings around to make oil feed and drain lines most do not. If they buy a "complete kit" they might excpect everything to be there. But not if they bought a kit with just a adapter and pedestal as alot of people like to make their own lines. So I'd say call rcd and ask what it includes. If it doesn't include what you told your customer it did when you sold it you may just have to eat the diffrence. Or if it didn't include in the box what it said it did I'm sure they'll send you what it should have had.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JJ, might just wanna make a line then. It's really easy...and i used part of the stock feed line that seats into the top of the oil cooler. I can get a pic tomorrow if you'd like. It's actually alot nicer than using the stock one tho.

·
Maroon truck guy
427 Posts
I just went out and looked and I have 2 bullseye turbos in the shop and they both have the 2 bolt style and are not tapped for 1/4 pipe thread, 2 BW airworks turbos and they are both tapped for 1/4 pipe and no holes and a RCD turbo that has the 2 holes and no 1/4 pipe thread.

maybe the fix is to include the line and if its a 1/4 pipe then use it and if not use the stock line. On the RCD turbo I had I used some redneck engineering. I took a piece of plate steel and drilled 2 holes and drilled and tapped the center lol maybe something like that could be included too.

·
Registered
554 Posts
maybe the fix is to include the line and if its a 1/4 pipe then use it and if not use the stock line. On the RCD turbo I had I used some redneck engineering. I took a piece of plate steel and drilled 2 holes and drilled and tapped the center lol maybe something like that could be included too.
lol hey nothing better than a little ingenuity

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a spare oil feed line i have made out of the stock feed line.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts