Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am new to the sight but have some questions. First the RCD sight has injectors but they are in "mm" where as Elites are in "cc" what is the difference? Second any one out their using RCD injectors, turbo or both ? What do you got and do you like it ? Third i would like to have a fast street truck i was thinking about doing 190 injectors what turbo should i go with ? Vgt or not which is better ? Sorry about all the questions but i figured that is why i joined to ask questions that i have so any input would be help full thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There are some people running RCD on here. I think one guys screen name is F-250owner, or something close to that. RCD is what Abrannan19 suggested to me, the 155cc injectors matched with a 62/70 turbo (for my application...) I say you should upgrade the turbo, and go fixed.

Some people with more experience on 190's will chime in with some great info and possibly some good combo's. However, one question must be answered first... How much power you looking to get?

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats just it idk a lot lol. Well enough to beat my sisters boyfriends bow tie he thinks it will walk circles around me. Ha only if he knew how to drive. But around 500 hp would be nice. I want something that will scoot off the like but if lugged smoke a little all over his bow tie. So the 66 street/race from RCD would take to long to spool i guess ?

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Well thats just it idk a lot lol. Well enough to beat my sisters boyfriends bow tie he thinks it will walk circles around me. Ha only if he knew how to drive. But around 500 hp would be nice. I want something that will scoot off the like but if lugged smoke a little all over his bow tie. So the 66 street/race from RCD would take to long to spool i guess ?
the 66 race would take a LONG time to spool. I have the 62 from RCD and I would highly recommend it, even the 64 is a pretty damn big turbo, but for 190s i would say go with the 62 IMO, maybe the 64, but def not the 66

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Prochargers spool pretty fast no matter what.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I hear they flow alot of fuel. the 62 and 155s would be a good combo for most applications and will put you at a solid 500. someone on the .org is running a set of 155s and a 64 turbo and dynoed at 508, still tows too. I believe his name is tex. I have a set of 190s on the way. should be in next week. for now I was going to run them with the stock turbo and nitrous, then probibly a 64 in a few months.

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now you have the non Vgt you like that more then vgt turbo or what ? You thik the 64 would be to big ? I wish i had a supercharger but have you had a lot of problems or just setbacks ? What all so you got done to you truck with the supercharger?

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With having the 190s and a stock turbo that would dump smoke during the take off correct ? How long will the stock turbo last with those injectors? A friend of mine has 90 hp injectors what would that equal far as "cc" ?

·
Rollin' Coal
291 Posts
Call and talk to them and they will tell you what injectors to buy. I have 155's and I still have a light haze with my stock turbo. A 62mm turbo will make at least 500 rwhp with 155's per the guys at RCD.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Talk to Adam at FCDP, he's the one thats helping me decide my setup, for one day anyways, looking at 155s and a 62 turbo.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I wish i had a supercharger but have you had a lot of problems or just setbacks ? What all so you got done to you truck with the supercharger?
Just some minor set-backs not related to the Procharger. Should be putting down some numbers at the NADM race in Crandall, TX.

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but that set up is expensive i take it but what isn't. I have seen your truck on youtube and i see you have injectors. Could you run the supercharger with stock injectors ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
With having the 190s and a stock turbo that would dump smoke during the take off correct ? How long will the stock turbo last with those injectors? A friend of mine has 90 hp injectors what would that equal far as "cc" ?

90 hp is around a 190 cc. Ill have fuel pulled out and then Eric can add fuel as apropriate when I put the 64 non vgt in. Stock turbo will last a while, there are a few guys out there who are running 190s and a stock turbo no issues. if you go with 155s to 175s you will get good resuls with a stock turbo, and still be able to upgrade your turbo and have a solid 500 hp. I got my setup throguh FCDP, talk to Adam he'll set you up right. Without good tuning it can be smokey but that can be controlled once you get the tuning right.

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so not to be a pain but RCD has 90 HP and 190s and there $200 more so i take it the 190s are a tad bit bigger ? Cause i want to be a little bit better than my friend lol.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ok so not to be a pain but RCD has 90 HP and 190s and there $200 more so i take it the 190s are a tad bit bigger ? Cause i want to be a little bit better than my friend lol.
I think if you want them then get them.....I can tell you from experience you will NOT like your truck w/ a stock turbo and 190's....you'll like the feel at first but when you realize how HOT it is all the time w/ 190's you will want to goto the 155's......and the thing is if you don't have a upgraded turbo then you are NOT going to benefit from the extra fuel of the 190's compared to the 155's.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Yeah but that set up is expensive i take it but what isn't. I have seen your truck on youtube and i see you have injectors. Could you run the supercharger with stock injectors ?
Not as much as twins would be. A lot easier to install too due to less piping. I have a larger Procharger on mine, bit there are 2 sizes smaller iirc. Plus you can adjust flow via pulley swaps. So yes, you could run this set-up with stock injectors and grow into larger injectors with it.

·
Rollin' Coal
291 Posts
Mine with 155's and a stock turbo and I can easily reach 1400* plus with a stab of the throttle. I wouldn't go with 190's unless you plan on a turbo within the next few weeks/months.

·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah i know what you mean about it getting hot. But i won't have the money all at once so i was going to get the injectors then get money and i think get a 64 non vgt.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
buy the 155's then save money for a turbo and get the turbo and then sell the 155's and get 190's.The truck w/ 190's and stock turbo really is useless for ANY towing or anything more than driving around at 1200* and smokey

1 - 20 of 43 Posts