Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for about the past week I've had an annoying noise under the dash, sounds like its right around where the petals sit on the drivers side. Its somewhat of a clanking, rattling sound. Every little bump or dip in the road, no matter the speed I'm going it rattles. It sounds like a loose bracket i guess, but they all seem tight. :mad:
I can't find anything at all that is somewhat loose or makes the noise but I'm pretty confident its inside the cab. I've checked outside the cab, in the engine bay and everythings tight and seems fine as usuall.

Any suggestions on anything to try or check, short of laying on the floor while going down the road?

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Eric, try some ear plugs. LOL
Seriously, if you don't have it figured out by the 20th, the rest of us can maybe help you figure it out.

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Another thought, do you leave anything on your dash, ie. pencils, pens, a girls earings? Maybe something rolled into your duct work and is bouncing around in there. You wouldn't be able to see it, but on bumps could here it.
When and how often have you had the dash apart? Any left over bolts?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, nothings ever on the dash. And I haven't had the dash apart since this started happening. That's the first thing I was thinking.

I'm wondering if my IDM is somehow a little bit loose. That's exactly where it sounds like its comming from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts