Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a raptor pump because i thought i could run it with my stock pump and now i realize i made a mistake but i was told on another forum i could run them together till i buy an airdog. My question is will this be ok to do or should i just bite the bullet and buy an airdog now? the reason i wanted to hold off is i just dropped 3 grand on my truck and the wife will not be pleased if i tell her i am going to spend another 5-600 bucks so that's why i wanted to hold off for awhile. Thanks.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Sell it and just get the AD 2. Or return it if it's new.

Why cant you run the raptor? Isn't it just a pusher pump for your stock pump?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what i planned on doing at first but i asked this question on another forum and was told not to do it because my stock pump and raptor are both high pressure pumps and they said that the raptor was designed to run after an air dog. But another person said he runs the stock pump and raptor and it's fine that's why i aint sure. And i bought it from someone so i can't return it thanks for your help.

·
Its a wild ride...
560 Posts
Subscribing... You've already heard my opinion, just want to hear what others have to say about it.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I always thought the pusher pumps like this were to feed your stock pump. I never really saw a point in it personally, but it couldn't hurt I suppose at the same time. I always figured if one was to spend the money on something like this, why not just spring for the AD 2?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wife was startin to get a little aggravated with me when a bunch of ups boxes started showin up at my door so i tried to save a little bit of money buyin this used pump and it's just going to cost me more in the end. Thanks again for all your help think i am just going to wait a couple of months and buy an air dog.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok I have a air dog will this rapter pump work with it if so I mite be interested in the rapter if u want to get rid of it I got my airdog before the airdog ll was out

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm also interested in buying the raptor from you if nobody else comes through... PM me with what you're asking...I have cash

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Right on man glad to see you got it sold!! I got my AD II today comes with all the brackets and everything to install it looks like a pretty SWEET SETUP....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts