Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great deal on a Raptor 150 universal lift pump, being that it's universal will it work on my 96' 7.3 stroker? Big enough to keep up with the stage 2 injectors I have on the way?

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Depends, for starters, does it make 70psi? and do you have any flow ratings? Most can use a stock SD electric fuel pump for stageIIs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best I could find on the pump is that it's a low pressure pump to help feed the stock lift pump so it doesn't work as hard, they are preset at 10psi but can be adjusted. Injectors I have purchased flow 180cc of fuel and nozzles are 100% over stock. How do I go about a SD electric setup? Another question is my hpop, now isn't my stock hpop a 15*? I hear all about people running a 17* hpop now is that something that I can adjust or is it just buying a new one aftermarket such as an adrenaline hpop?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
There are countless threads on electric fuel swaps and most of them incorporate the SD pump. It's no different than any other electric pump install. Install inlet and outlet plumbing and hook up wiring.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Apparently a Raptor 150 is a low pressure booster pump usually used by the Dodge folks. Dodges are designed for a low pressure pump to supply the injector pump. When the low pressure pump on a Dodge fails, the $2500 injector pump goes up in smoke. For a Ford for $400 it sounds useless.

You can install a Carter 4070 low pressure electric fuel pump to use as a rear mounted booster pump for about $90 from Summit. This would work since it would be applying a positive head pushing fuel to the engine mounted OBS fuel pump. Fuel pumps don't like to suck fluids, they work much better pushing fluid.

Or you can just install a complete electric fuel system......

You can buy a Terminator T-500 for about what a stock 17* hpop pump costs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts