Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off i am a diabetic and i am on insuline. I've had it since i was 3 and i am now 19 so i dont really know any different. I dont like people to feel sorry for me and to be honest i think the disease its self is a walk in the park as long as you stay on top of it. Its never bothered me or slowed me down i break horses and wrestled through high school:blah:.
So any way i have an insuline pump whch is the greatest thing ever. So the other day me and my girl friend went to a restaurant and we sit down to eat. the waiter brings out the food and like i do every time i gave my self insulin to cover my meal. And as i bend down to do so i swear every on around looked at me like i had a bomb lol I wanted to tell them to take a picture it might last longer. But that doesn't bother me most people just dont know what it is. But the thing that did get me was the waiter she says "wow you must be really bad off" and this isnt the only person that said this i hear that same line all the time. Thats the only thing i get sick of expaining all the time it ends up turning into like a 20 min explanation. "I will say i do have a little fun with it sometimes when people ask this question:poke:" But its like "PEOPLE ITS NOT THAT BAD AS LONG AS YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT"
Sorry for the rant but its really been chaping my a$$

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
I use the Victoza pens for my insulin problems, and yeah i'm 19 and i've been breaking horses since i was 14 ( 19 now), this disease is really overrated, just take your insulin, and watch what you eat, and monitor your blood sugar level, its not very hard or time consuming. does it suck at times, you bet it does, but it's not like lupus or cancer. stop pitying people like us, *mini rant off*

·
Davey B
930 Posts
My best friend has cystic fibrosis so he takes alot of pills before every meal. Every time we go out i can tell he gets really embarassed about it cuz people look at him like hes some kind of pill popper or somethin. I dont know why some people feel the need to pry into other peoples buisness and make stupid comments.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Victoza pens for my insulin problems, and yeah i'm 19 and i've been breaking horses since i was 14 ( 19 now), this disease is really overrated, just take your insulin, and watch what you eat, and monitor your blood sugar level, its not very hard or time consuming. does it suck at times, you bet it does, but it's not like lupus or cancer. stop pitying people like us, *mini rant off*
Thats exactly right lol and with the new technology out now hell life is almost easy. With the pump and the pen you have alot more freedom.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another good one my first semester in college i had a grad student teach the second half of one of my classe and my low insuline alarm went off in the middle of class. She had a strict cell phone policy and she thought it was a cell phone so she got all pi$$ed off and started to to kick me out of class. Her face turned as red as a fire truck once she found out what it was.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
my cousin has the pump also, made it alot easier in school and activites for her, took alot of the dumb teachers awhile to figure out what it was and did. but been around it for awhile and like you said its not that bad as long as you keep on top of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts