Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently acquired 2003 f250 6.0 randomly dies and then wont start for about 20 or so minutes. I've reviewed the ICP, ICP voltage, ficm voltage and ficm sync and have captured the failure and the no hot start conditon that follows. The truck will start hot no problem when shut off manually vs dying randomly. I have a code for P2623 IPR circuit open. I'm wondering if I have a HPOP leak vs a failed or stuck IPR. I fixed some bare wire at the IPR plug by soldering in a new section with heat shrink. Would the IPR be damaged if the wires shorted together previously? I do not yet have the special socket and am trying to avoid throwing parts at the problem until I am sure what is needed.

The interesting thing to me is that all through the no start conditon the sync is mostly at 0. Does this point to some other issue wirh my cam or crank sensor? Looking for some experianced advice to point me in the right direction. Hopefully the xls is viewable attached. Screenshot_20190524-155404_Hancom Office S Viewer_1558738742558.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Check the IPR pigtail I would bet there is bare wire showing near the plug
A bare wire, or would this be a broken wire somewhere in the harness? That code makes me think of a broken wire or a bad IPR....wire being more likely. Also, OP, a shorted wire wouldn't hurt the IPR.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Usually the harness will fray right at the pigtail and sometimes the power wire will contact the control wire causing this exact symptom and code. It’s most common on the earlier models

1 - 4 of 4 Posts