Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 F350 6.0 dually that is giving strange starting patterns. When turning the key sometimes it turns over like it's on adrenaline and other times it acts like the batteries are going dead. When it turns over slowly like it's dying it will eventually speed up and have full cranking potential. This morning it started cranking slow and then completely stopped, now when you turn the key there's no clicking sound or anything. Both batteries are above 12v on the meter. I tried the yellow/blue line wire and got no results. Just looking for some input before I dump $ into a starter.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Above 12v is not a answer. How much voltage do they have and how low they dip when trying to start?

Our trucks have undersized battery cables and alternator, so the batteries offer are on the lower in of charge and wear out faster.

You can also try it after charging the battiest for awhile and start it with the charger on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12.7 for the drivers side and 12.9 for the passenger side. The drivers side drops to 8.2 and the passenger side drops to 7.1. I've tried jumping it with another truck but still have the same results - no clicking, no crank, no nothing.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Broken wires too

That's too low cranking voltages

1 - 6 of 6 Posts