Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my truck is pretty much stock except a 4" turbo back with the cat in place. For some reason my truck will randomly rumble a nice deep exhaust note at idle for like 3-5 seconds. It never did this before but now it will do it every so often. Anyone else have this happen, or know what it is? I kinda think this started to happen after installing the downpipe either way its weird that it just started.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so. It's not a rubbing sound. Its a real deep exhaust sound, kinda randomly does it at idle.

·
stock
107 Posts
mine is form the exhaust hitting frame on the hanger under pass. door you can tell if its rubbing

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Was your A/C on?

·
Registered
115 Posts
if you've gotten the latest flash from ford it sweeps the turbo veins. that is probably wat your hearing.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
mine does it, when its been drove and warmed up completely mine will idle really deep for periods of close to a minute i would say, i think it sounds rowdy as hell!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its probably the turbo cyclin the vanes. Mine does it. It will whistle for a few then goes to a deep exhaust. Sounds Good!:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably the new flash i guess. Thanks guys, it does sound pretty mean when it does it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I was wandering why mine started doing that. Got reflashed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine does it too, sounds like the turbo just shuts off then spools back up again:D

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
whats so funny about that doug? u always try to make an example of me or what? LOL
If my kid had been a boy, I was pushing to try to name him Rowdy. Middle name Little. I think Rowdy Little Gilbert would have been hillarious.

But on a serious note. You can have a tune do that rumble all the time.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
If my kid had been a boy, I was pushing to try to name him Rowdy. Middle name Little. I think Rowdy Little Gilbert would have been hillarious.

But on a serious note. You can have a tune do that rumble all the time.
oreally? hmmmmm, it just takes the vgt cycle out as long as the pedal isn't requesting voltage?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On another note, the guy i sold my old wheels to had a 4" TB mbrp like mine but had his cat deleted, which i have not done yet, and hot dam his sounds WAYYYYY better than mine. I can wait to delete my cat.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
oreally? hmmmmm, it just takes the vgt cycle out as long as the pedal isn't requesting voltage?
They aren't really related like that. More about desired pressure in the exhaust to drive the turbo vs how much cycle to the solenoid...

·
Registered
444 Posts
i just got a new ficm in my truck and my truck has issues quite often. mine is doing the same thing it sounds sweet:D i was just going to post this topic to i seen it thanks guys t thought something else was about to break lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just got a new ficm in my truck and my truck has issues quite often. mine is doing the same thing it sounds sweet:D i was just going to post this topic to i seen it thanks guys t thought something else was about to break lol
Thats what i was thinking too. I sure am glad its supposed to do it and there is others out there that have the same sound.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts