Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an early '04 F-250 2WD, 6.0 w/ 210K on it. EGR delete, 4" exhaust. I have always had the idle-up come on cold ( aprox. 1K rpm even if the ambient temp is 80 degrees ) and then idles down and all is good. However I have never been able to get it to idle down with the brake pedal or putting in gear. If I start to drive and if it has not idled up yet, it will all the sudden jump up while driving. I have gotten used to it and not that big a deal. However, now, it seems does it at random with the engine at any temp... My Edge CTSII shows all seems normal for the most part but It seems that the ICP #'s are fluctuating a bit more than normal ( I think ) at highway speeds but I don't feel it in the truck... ICP idle warm is always been a is a solid 638+-10psi. IPR is a solid 25% at idle warm. No codes, but I have seen a MAF code in the past, cleared it a has not come back. Turbo feels/sounds normal, good vane sweep at idle, 25+lbs boost when needed, all temps are awesome !! I am suspicious that I am approaching Injector replacement time but I don't think/understand why that would be giving me hi-idle issues... All that being said, the truck runs like a bat out of hell, lots of power, but it is rough and not right when it's in this hi-idle mode...I just don't know what's going on with the Idle... Any Ideas ??

Thanks everyone !!!

Dan

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
Sounds like an ICP or IPR issue to me.

Can you disconnect the ICP and run that way for awhile to see if you still have the issue?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an ICP or IPR issue to me.

Can you disconnect the ICP and run that way for awhile to see if you still have the issue?
Roger that !! I will attempt to get to that no-get-to mofo !!! LOL
Thanks !!!!

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts