Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, what the heck is up with my truck? It will randomly smoke white fuel smoke at an idle. It always does it on a cold start-up, always has. But beyond that engine temps or air temps don't really matter. It is only noticable at an idle seems to "clean up" going down the road. Here is where things get strange, somedays it will be fine and some days it wil happen everytime I hop in to drive it. Most of the time it's like this, it will be smoking at one traffic stop, few milles up the road stop again it will be clean, then it will be clean for a few more stops then back to smoking. Completely random like that. Tryed a few things, fuel bowl is clean, new filter, it passes all the self tests with a MAC mentor 3.0 scan tool. Been running fuel/oil additives. I'm leaning towards an injector problem, really don't want to spend money for injectors they are Alliants with 45,000 miles. Would think they should've lasted a little longer than this. Any input I would love to here it thanks.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Are you using oil? How many miles on the engiine?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's not using oil. Right now there is nothing in it(stock programing). 215,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts