Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home the other night and my radio and power windows shut off all at once. This has been an intermittent problem for a while. They would shut off for a couple minutes but after driving it it would come back on. The window switches are not illuminated. Now they wont come on at all. I havent had a chance to look at it close, but i checked both the fuses and they were fine. I was maybe thinking a ground? I wont get a chance to work on it til this weekend. Jus wanted some imput. At least it wasnt the headlights!!:ford:

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
yea check all grounds and also check to see that you have power to the fuses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do the window motors ground at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was driving home the other night and my radio and power windows shut off all at once. This has been an intermittent problem for a while. They would shut off for a couple minutes but after driving it it would come back on. The window switches are not illuminated. Now they wont come on at all. I havent had a chance to look at it close, but i checked both the fuses and they were fine. I was maybe thinking a ground? I wont get a chance to work on it til this weekend. Jus wanted some imput. At least it wasnt the headlights!!:ford:
I did a short search on your truck, seems that you might have a fuse blown, i know i know.... might as well double check them under the dash and under the hood.

Heres what i can tell you. Check for continuity with your digital meter, and if that doesnt work, check for power on both sides of the fuse. Ive seen fuse SPLIT and when you check them they seem to have continuity with your meter cause your shove it in hard enough.

DO BOTH TESTS.

I checked and it shows the interior lights are tied in also with that circuit, you might do as i suggested, check for power on both sides of the fuse, if you dont have it, the fuse might be split not blown.

Hope this helps, seems like we both need a set of schematics

BW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol Ya thanks i will try that

·
Registered
35 Posts
See my thread in Excursions "Generic module", Same problem but still intermttant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts