Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 F350 6.4 with a tuner and deleted only had it for about 2 weeks and the radiator went out so I installed a new one and everything seemed good! Drove it for about 30 minutes and it also busted! Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Probably head gaskets (I'm guessing) pushing pressure into the cooling system and a bad degas cap That's holding the pressure in. Or the radiator you bought was **** to begin with. What rad did you get?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably head gaskets (I'm guessing) pushing pressure into the cooling system and a bad degas cap That's holding the pressure in. Or the radiator you bought was **** to begin with. What rad did you get?
It seems like coolant shot threw the degas cap also and the radiator brand is performance radiator also how can I make sure it’s the head gaskets?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It seems like coolant shot threw the degas cap also and the radiator brand is performance radiator also how can I make sure it’s the head gaskets?
Blowing the radiator and degas cap are pretty good signs. Someone else will come along and give you advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought a 2008 F350 6.4 with a tuner and deleted only had it for about 2 weeks and the radiator went out so I installed a new one and everything seemed good! Drove it for about 30 minutes and it also busted! Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Check your body mounts. In particular the ones s below the radiator core support. Ford body mounts deteriorate like no other. This allows the core support to drop down about an anchor more and flex on accretion causing the radiator to flex and crack. There are two ways to check this out. If you cannot get your finger between the bumper and headlamp frame is one good sign. The other is to crawl under the front and look at the mounts below the core support. If rubber portion of the mount crumbles in fingers or if it's gone and the mounts are metal to metal it's time to replace the mounts. Don't go back with OEM. Ford hasn't improved their design. . Get some solid aftermarket mounts and start replacing the body mounts. The dealership will tell you that you have to pull the cab off the frame. Wrong... you can do one side at a time. It isn't easy. Body bolts all have Locktight on them and have to be heated to be removed. Then install your new radiator. I used a Mishimoto radiator and love it and thief support. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts