Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To fix the old style single o-ring thats now leaking on my lower and while in there do the top as well, I gotta get / do #'s 9-14 on this diagram, correct?

#18 & 19 are to/for the degas, correct?

·
Registered
875 Posts
the only part that was changed was the engine side couplings. the vibration from the engine caused premature o ring failure resulting in leaks. It wouldn't be bad idea to replace the other 1/2 of the lower it is 5 years old, but the replacement will be basically the same. I usually replace that 1/2 when I replace the radiator. The new hose has the wraps and clips on it already. Check out this kit
eBay item number:

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is considered OEM today tho? They've changed their minds a few times between different Victor Reinz gaskets, what's today's flavor / color? From what I understand my job 1 has left over 6 liter head gaskets on it and they're thinner. Thumbs up to the people in Huntsville.

I managed to stop the pigeon splattering out of the head by leaving the cap loose on the degas. Oldschool trick and I don't know what else I might be screwing up but at this point I really don't care about this motor anymore. If it fries and I have to do a short block do-over oh well. At least it'll be better than anything Ford ever put in a truck. It's too bad Ford didn't advertise that on top of the $8k for the Powerstroke option you should anticipate just as much more to make a lasting engine out of the pile of dogchit they give you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts