Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I kinda want to change the look of my truck a lil. Ive always kept it really clean and sleek looking but want a new look now. Ive got an extra 38" Toyo MT tire that I am gonna get a matching Hostage wheel to mount it on and thought about getting a nice roof rack with 4 Black Hella lights on it and mounting the spare on top of the truck.

What do you guys think?

If anyone has photoshop and could photoshop one on this pic of my truck that would be great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you get the rack look into Ranch Hand brush guards or replacement bumpers to finish the look, otherwise just having a random rack on top of the truck may throw off the look. I'd say if you could prop the rack on top of the truck before purchase and install to get a feeling for the look it would be best, plus sleeper has a point.

Sleeper did you mean the tire would stand straight up, I thought he would lay it down in the middle of the rack.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Another vote for no on the roof rack. Your truck looks great the way it is

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
If you get the rack look into Ranch Hand brush guards or replacement bumpers to finish the look, otherwise just having a random rack on top of the truck may throw off the look. I'd say if you could prop the rack on top of the truck before purchase and install to get a feeling for the look it would be best, plus sleeper has a point.

Sleeper did you mean the tire would stand straight up, I thought he would lay it down in the middle of the rack.
Standing up would be bad fo sho.

Laying down of course.

Even laying down, that's a good way up there. Probably a minimum of 16" higher than a 7' truck...

·
Registered
399 Posts
If done right it would look great, but you go from looking sleek to that off road truck you'd expect to see in a movie. As for drive thru's you'd probably want to start eating inside otherwise you might end up like that excavator that took out that bridge.

I like the look of this front end, check it out.

Wow picture horribly over sized, one sec.

Can't get it to picture, heres the site: http://ranchhand.com/product.php?id=1798

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
That bumper has absolutely no business on that man's truck.
You continue to prove with every post you make that you have zero taste in truck mods.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That bumper has absolutely no business on that man's truck.
You continue to prove with every post you make that you have zero taste in truck mods.
Now your being uncivil, and quit frankly you need to stop bringing other #### to this thread, so STFU and GTFO, it's not needed here, I dropped it, you should to.

I bet you completely ignored the fact I said look into it incase you do go with the rack to complete the look, but you convieniently ignored that I bet.

/End

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Newbie about to get owned

I say leave the truck like it sits. It's clean and it all flows. The rack is gonna throw it off bad.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I ask anyone that reads this thread to look at the link this guy posted and tell me what y'all think.
The style he has built that truck is so far away from a ranch hand bumper it's not even funny.
I stand by my post...you have zero taste in kidding a truck.

Now...tell me that other sh!t again and see how that works out for ya. I dare ya. :poke:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ask anyone that reads this thread to look at the link this guy posted and tell me what y'all think.
The style he has built that truck is so far away from a ranch hand bumper it's not even funny.
I stand by my post...you have zero taste in kidding a truck.

Now...tell me that other sh!t again and see how that works out for ya. I dare ya. :poke:
You don't come into another thread and bring up an arguement from another one, I also mentioned he would completely change the look of the truck from slick to that truck you would expect to see in a movie, did I not? So drop it and I will. You have a problem PM me!

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
You seem to fail at comprehending what I do and do not have to do here.
I do NOT have to forget anything...that's my prerogative.
Now...don't derail this thread anymore. :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
You seem to fail at comprehending what I do and do not have to do here.
I do NOT have to forget anything...that's my prerogative.
Now...don't derail this thread anymore. :D
I didn't, you seem to forget that...

/End, back to thread

·
Registered
427 Posts
Def no roof rack....that would kill that truck, any pickup for that matter. I think they serve no purpose, and are gaudy as hell. If you're going that route, you might as well add lambo doors, and plaster it with stickers. Lol. In my opinion.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Def no roof rack....that would kill that truck, any pickup for that matter. I think they serve no purpose, and are gaudy as hell. If you're going that route, you might as well add lambo doors, and plaster it with stickers. Lol. In my opinion.

He can do it and make it look right, but it would kill the current look, and he would need to do other changes for it to come together. Personally it looks great as is, but it would require a lot of change.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i say definitly no roof rack, if u want it to look a little more rugged id add a fab four front bumper not the ones that go up by the grill either just a winch one and add some smoked recon LED tail lights and your truck would be perfect, well i think its perfect how it is but obv u wanna change some stuff so thats what i would do.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I think it would take a lot more than just the rack to make it work. The truck already has a super clean look and theme to it and you would need more of a baja chase truck theme going on to pull the rack off, and even then I think it would be better off without the roof rack.

Thinking something like this truck here.

and do this with the extra hostage and tire instead of putting it up on the rack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts