Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody haul any race car trailers on here? Anybody with an obs haul any enclosed trailers? And if so how well do they tow them? Thanks Roger.

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
never hauled with an obs but my SD had no problem towing the 24 footer I had

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
They won't handle much different than a camper, other than being able to move the weight around inside the trailer. Lots of people out there towing some big campers to! You shouldn't have any problem handling a nice sized enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ive towed an enclosed with mine, no problems at all. I also tow our 30' camper with mine as well with no problems either.

·
Needing Carbon Credits
126 Posts
I pull a 24' Wells Cargo race car trailer with the truck in my sig. No problem at all.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a 40' gooseneck race trailer that I pull with the 450...

Never had a race "car" in it tho!! :D

The mfg is "Vintage"

·
Registered
298 Posts

pulled from PA to TX last week, pulled GREAT once i found my truck's "sweetspot". passed a duramax pullin a 24' bumper pull up a hill, left him in my dust, was AWESOME!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on the size of my trailer, i will probably be over 10,000 lbs.

Metallitera, Thats a nice setup. I had the same truck. What do you haul in that trailer?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Metallitera, Thats a nice setup. I had the same truck. What do you haul in that trailer?

Thanks!

it will be my home and shop in the back. Has a generator on board and viewing platform up top....will be nice for girl watchin al the lake, or the women tanning.......or im gonna look into goin to NASCAR race up in dallas and tryin to get into the infield, would b nice to watch the race from!

·
Banned
814 Posts
i was hauling around my 52' horse trailer (40K lbs loaded) with my 97. put over 100K miles on it in a year, truck was 100% stock and hauled it fine... had to drive the piss out of it in the mountins... didnt go up them at 100 MPH. in the rockies i got down to 20 MPH sometimes but i wasnt the slowest. only thing that it was hard on was the rear suspension... kept breaking rear leafs...

·
Registered
69 Posts

pulled from PA to TX last week, pulled GREAT once i found my truck's "sweetspot". passed a duramax pullin a 24' bumper pull up a hill, left him in my dust, was AWESOME!
wheres the sweet spot,cause i have yet to find it..........:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
wheres the sweet spot,cause i have yet to find it..........:D
keepin EGTs between 1100-1150 on hills. adjust your foot to krrp EGTs there, forget the speedometer. at the peak of the hill keep your foot in it like that till you get back to 70MPH and then they drop back to about 800-900 while cruisin at 70

·
Pin It to Win It
1 Posts
Was towing the race trailer with my 2000 F150 but finally made the jump and got a '99 F250 PSD to drag the car to the tracks. Should be a bit easier and get better mileage!

and the race car

·
Way To Many Projects
660 Posts
My old OBS used to pull my 26' enclosed with car no problem now I mostly pull with the X.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had a 24 foot wells cargo I pulled with a F-250 97 7.3. Pulled it fine. Pull a 36 gooseneck now, don't miss the swaying.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I pulled a 40' gooseneck Pace big foot trailer with two mustangs in it from Mississippi to Dallas and back. Truck was a 94 turbo non powerstroke. It did well. Tranny did a lot better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
30 Posts

How big is your trailer? I just inherited a truck identical to yours color and all but bone stock, looking into living quater trailers and didnt know how this truck would fair power wise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts