Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I pulled the code for my ABS light it’s gave me one short flash followed by one long flash. I read that as “open isolation circuit”. Does anyone know where I should start to address this problem?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Use this link and you should find what you need: 1997 F-250/350/Super Duty
Find the Pinpoint test for RABS DTC 2 (which is pinpoint test F). Also here are some diagrams to help out too. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Patrick. I’m trying to locate the C158 plug by reading the diagram but I’m not having any luck. Do you know where it is located?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
It should be at the RABS Valve, left side frame rail (inside the C channel) just aft of the front tire (almost even with the rear edge anyway). Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I found it thank you now how do I get an multi meter to reach between the two plugs?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Any of the tests should have the plug disconnected allowing you to access either the connector pins on the harness side or the pin on the valve side. Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess my question is this step. I’m reading it as putting one end of my multimeter in the cab and one end under the truck? Or am I completely lost?
F4 CHECK FOR CONTINUITY ALONG HARNESS CIRCUIT 599 (PK/LG)
  • Verify multimeter is on 200 ohm scale.
  • Measure resistance between anti-lock electronic control module harness connector C277, Pin 13 (PK/LG) and RABS valve component side connector harness connector C158, Pin 1.
Is resistance greater than 10 ohms?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
That is correct. If your multimeter leads are not long enough to make the distance, you'll need a length of wire to extend one of the leads (here's where you need the alligator clip attachments for your leads). Both C158 and C277 would be disconnected. Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I ran through the pin point test and everything came out good. I replaced the rabs module with a reman ford module. Cleared the code per instructions. Now I am getting 15 short one long flashes... it says should not occur.... but it is lol. I try to clear that code but it continues to stay. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
15 short flashes and one long flash is Code 16 which indicates that the anti-lock electronic control module detects normal system operation. Sounds like things are OK. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts