Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

As the title says, who makes the quietest, non factory exhaust. I'm picking up an 03 6.0 zf6 later this year that I bulletproofed for my friend 2 years ago and the exhaust it has on it, the turbo is too loud for my liking.

Besides putting a stock exhaust with a cat back on, what's the best exhaust or muffler to use? I was considering using 2. Everything else about the truck I like besides the ugly aftermarket grille he has on it.

I plan to keep it forever, when I built it we had actually traded trucks and then he had another kid and wanted the crew cab back. Any way, it's an april 03 cc/lb 4x4 6.0 zf6 lariat. 165k miles.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did alot of work to the motor about 10k miles ago. Hence why I want to keep it. It has:
Arp studs
Dieselsite egr delete, throttle plate delete, air filter, and coolant filter
New oem oil cooler, new hpop, new updated standpipes and hoses. Resealed all the injector with alliant o rings, new ipr valve
New motorcraft glowplugs and harnesses
New interstate batteries
New clutch
Edge insight cts2
Cat spec red coolant
Stock tuning for now

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm betting it's the turbo wheel. '03s had a different number of blades on it than the '04 and up.....10 vs 13 IIRC. You could swap out the 10 blade for a 13 blade, or just swap turbos with someone else who wants that jet engine sound. I'm not sure how much dampening you'll get with mufflers. On a stock exhaust system, my ex merely removed the cat (putting a straight pipe in its place) but kept the stock muffler. Whines like a jet for certain. My '04, with the 13 blade, whines just as bad with an aftermarket 5" exhaust which has a muffler. But, I suppose it can't hurt to try dual mufflers.....definitely gotta be cheaper than buying a new wheel or turbo. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts