Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta quiet this truck down inside the cab when im driving. I like it at times but when im talkin on the phone or with the girlfriend its very very annoying. Any suggestions ? TIA

· Registered
758 Posts
Get rid of the stacks if there still on there, run exhaust back out the rear.

· Registered
1,976 Posts
When I was running stacks the sound annoyed the hell out of me when I was with my girl or on the phone. It absolutely sucked. Took the stacks off, problem mostly solved.

· Demon Dually
5,142 Posts
Put sound barrier insice as far up the firewall as possible and lose the stacks as mentioned before. You could also put an HPX line on the HPO system and upgrade to a higher flowing HPOP. Using a muffler will quiet it down as well.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stack is gone I took it out awhile back. The main sound is the swampers on the road but im goin with a less aggresive tire. Probably from pro-comp or something.Im repainting the entire truck so what about rhino lining inside the cab and then putting down that sound barrier stuff down as well ? Would the rhino lining even make a difference ?

· Flossin'
2,088 Posts
anti-rattle kit or shove some surgical tubing through the seals around your doors along with everything else.

· Registered
5,369 Posts
Helped 100% to get the shift boot bolted down correctly haha.
+1; astonishing how much noise got thru a little slit that opened when shifter was moved to the rear (2,4,R).

Also look for holes in the firewall where aftermarket stuff (trailer brake control wires, etc) is passed thru. I got lazy/impatient and just sealed one of those up with Great Stuff the other day. Way quieter and WAY less diesel-stinky in the cab now.

· Registered
300 Posts
I gotta quiet this truck down inside the cab when im driving. I like it at times but when im talkin on the phone or with the girlfriend its very very annoying. Any suggestions ? TIA
Hell...I wish I could drown the GF out more alot of the time...

· Don't EFN worry about it
15,592 Posts
Yeah these trucks are alot noisier than a S/D . I had cto turn the radio off and roll the widows up today to talk on the phone. :doh: Thinking alot of dyna mat and somemore jute padding under the carpet.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,066 Posts
After you lose the swampers, do the door seal mod, and sound proof the trans tunnel. That will be a huge improvement. Cover the galvanized panel of the trans tunnel as completely as you can that cut a majority of the road noise my 95 had out.

· OEM Moderator
10,109 Posts
Doing the dynamat type stuff will help but it is not a quick task. I spent a few days on that project.

· Registered
947 Posts
Doing the dynamat type stuff will help but it is not a quick task. I spent a few days on that project.
Same here, And I'm still looking for less sound with my new engine coming, Going to try the beer coozie around the steering shaft, Also plug up those holes with "trailer wiring" etc,

But most of all going to spray my V/C's with some high heat bed liner stuff, supposed to make quite a difference.

· Registered
180 Posts
Where did you all get the plastic tubing to put in the door's weather stripping? I want to do the mod on my next days off but not sure where to get the tubing at. Also whats the beer coozie trick around the steering shaft?
matt z

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.