Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting a 6.5 inch lift and 35's on my 02 ext cab long bed the reason i went with that is because the guy had the lift laying around and its brand new i only paid 700 for it but my question is i want to re gain some of the power and mpg and i was thinking of going with the edge cts yes i know everyone likes the custom tunes but is the cts that bad i'm not looking to hot rod around just wanna re gain what was takin away also if i add an intake would that help too?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or will i really lose that much power? and if i treat it like i should will i really kill my trans

·
Banned
459 Posts
intake ,exhaust and custom tunes. or if you are set on a cts than you can do that. its just better on the truck with custom tunes imo..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Ik that the tunes are better but is the cts really that bad I'm not going to dog it at all

·
Registered
570 Posts
custom tunes can be had for close to the same price as the cts. you will definatly be happier(and your trans will thank you) with a simple custom tune. imho

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gauges and and custom tuner? i only got like 900 to spend the soon to be wife says i've gotta start saving for a house so i'm limited

·
Registered
310 Posts
Check out power hungry performance. They can custom tune a cts and you'll have gauges too.

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
If i only had 900 to spend id much rather have gauges and just live with the crappy performance until i have enough to get the programmer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i mean i'm not looking to gain crazy power or anything i still have the stock fuel set up i just want something that will give me equal or a little more power back and maybe a gallon or to

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the cts really as bad as people say or is it because you can't tune it much or what i'm just looking for something to re gain some power and a gallon of fuel thats it so would it be as bad as everyone says?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so who has the better tunes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts